Information We Collect
INFORMATION YOU PROVIDE TO US
We collect information about you when you provide that information to us. Examples of such information collection include, but not limited to when you sign up to receive email or text updates from TAFU or when you contact us via the Website. The kinds of information we may collect include your first and last name, your postal code, your phone number, your email address, and any other information you choose to provide to us in connection with your use of the Website. Sometimes you provide the information to a trusted third party vendor on our behalf instead of directly to us, but that vendor uses your information only for the purpose for which it was provided.
INFORMATION THAT IS PASSIVELY OR AUTOMATICALLY COLLECTED
When you visit the Website, we may automatically receive and record information from your computer or mobile device. This information allows us to understand how people are navigating and using our Website, and how we can improve your experience based on the information we collect. The types of information we may collect include your IP address, browser type, browser language, operating system, state or country from which you accessed the Website, software and hardware attributes, referring and exit pages and URLs, platform type, the number of clicks, files you download, pages viewed, the amount of time spent on particular pages, the date and time you used the Website, error logs and other similar information. From your IP address, we may be able to infer your general location. We may use third-party analytics providers and technologies, such as web server logs, cookies and tracking pixels, to help us collect the data described above.
When We Disclose Your Information
We may disclose and/or share your information to or with third parties under the following circumstances:
- Consent. We may disclose your information to third parties with your consent.
- Service Providers. We may provide access to or share your information with select third parties that perform services on our behalf. These providers use the information for the purpose it was shared. For example, we use a third party to process donations collected through our Website, and we use a third party to send emails to users who subscribe to our newsletter.
- to comply with legal process;
- to enforce this Policy, including investigation of potential violations thereof; and/or
- to protect the rights, property, or personal safety of TAFU, its users, and the public. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for fraud protection, and spam/malware prevention, and similar purposes.
- Aggregated Data. We may share aggregated and de-identified information.
How We Use Your Information
We may use the information we collect for the purposes for which you provided it, as well as:
- To provide you access to the Website by recognizing and authenticating you on the Website.
- To maintain and improve the Website, including:
- To provide the features and services available through the Website;
- To improve the content and features of the Website;
- To administer and troubleshoot the Website.
- To contact you, including:
- To contact you with information that we believe may be of interest to you;
- To process and respond to your inquiries or to request your feedback.
- For internal research and reporting.
- To comply with laws and regulations for our legitimate interests or the legitimate interests of others.
By providing your wireless number, you can opt-in to receive periodic messages and calls from TAFU by recorded and/or autodialed calls and autodialed text messages. Carrier data and message rates may apply. You may opt out at any time. By providing your email address, you agree to receive periodic emails from TAFU and its campaigns, as well as allied organizations. You may unsubscribe at any time. We may also aggregate or de-identify information we collect from you so that it is no longer linked to you or your computer or device. We may, in our sole discretion, use such aggregated and de-identified information for any purpose and may share such information with third parties.
How We Protect Your Information
We have implemented administrative, technical, and physical security measures to protect against the loss, misuse, and/or alteration of your information. These safeguards vary based on the sensitivity of the information that we collect and store. However, we cannot and do not guarantee that these measures will prevent every unauthorized attempt to access, use, or disclose your information because, despite our efforts, no Internet and/or other electronic transmissions can be completely secure.
We may use third-party web analytics services (such as those of Google Analytics) in connection with our Services to collect and analyze the information discussed above, and to engage in auditing, research or reporting. The information (including your IP address) collected by various analytics technologies described in the “Information that Is Passively or Automatically Collected” section will be disclosed to or collected directly by these service providers, who use the information to evaluate your use of the Website, including by noting the third party website from which you arrive, analyzing usage trends, assisting with fraud prevention, and providing certain features to you.
Third-Party Links and Websites
Your California Privacy Rights
California law permits visitors who are California residents to request certain information once per year regarding our disclosure of “personal information” (as that term is defined under applicable California law) to third parties for such third parties’ direct marketing purposes.
Being Removed from Our Lists
If you wish to stop receiving emails, please click the unsubscribe link in the footer of an email from us. When you unsubscribe from communications we will retain some basic data, including your email and phone number (if provided), so we know not to contact you. If you want your data completely erased, please indicate so by e-mailing us. Erasing your data may result in unsolicited communications in the future because you will no longer be in our system.
Last Updated: Oct, 2022